Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Its raining... Its raining...

It was 5.55 pm yesterday. I was in my bus, back from office. It was about to reach my stop. My building is about half km from the stop.

I looked outside the window. It was raining heavily. As one of my friends would say, it was raining cats and dogs. But still i felt very pleasant by looking at the pouring water, flooded streets... My heart longed to be outside and get wet like everything else outside.

I had a raincoat with me and no bag. I checked my pockets: mobile, headphones, wallet, keys, handkerchief. I put the mobile, headphones n wallet in the raincoat pocket, n folded it nicely to ensure no water can get inside and waited.

The bus reached my stop, people hurried to wear their raincoats. I calmly got down with the folded raincoat in my hand, and felt the cold showers... What a soothing experience... Stood there until i was drenched to the skin. People were looking curiously... A man getting wet in the rain, with a raincoat in his hand... I smiled... Rain makes me happy...

I remembered i had very little money with me. Went to an atm, took out what i would need for the next week. Then i went for a food-shopping... Sitting by the window and eating something hot, is one the best thing one can do when it's raining... I bought a variety of stuff: manchurian, dhokla, chocolates (they are not hot, but who cares... I love them...) I also bought some stuff i would need for cooking my dinner...

Having got everything i would need, I walked towards my building. The streets were almost empty. When i reached, our chowkidar looked at me, then looked at my raincoat and gave me a puzzled look. I just smiled, he understood...

I reached my floor, that is the top one, opened the door, threw all the stuff, took off my shoes, then came out and locked the door. Then i ran to the terrace and felt the showers again...
Ohooooo..... Cold water and cool breeze....

Did i mentioned, there's the Tapi river flowing about 3 kms from my building and that the sea coast is just about 10 km from where i was standing... Though none of them are visible from my terrace due the massive concrete jungle, but it sure cant stop the breeze...

Cool breeze keep flowing through out the day. Add to that the rain showers n it becomes a deadly combination... Lovely deadly i mean... I wanted to dance and jump, but the neighbouring aunty was already staring at me as if i was nuts. If i would have danced, that would. So i just stood there enjoying the rains for about half an hour. Came back to my apartment, dried myself and wrote this blog....

P.S. If you are thinking of trying this yourself, make sure you take a bath afterwards, to avoid any itching after-effects. Also keep yourself warm to avoid cold... I didn't and now that i have caught cold, i think i should have...

2 comments:

  1. omg. sir...u r such a romantic. i do dat 2. there is nothing like dancing in the rain. i do it 2. did in kbh once...garden pe. was fun...though laters a couple of juniors were asking me sumthin about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ScarletTd1ar1es

    Hahahaha....

    Thats why u have to do such things when u r alone... Such behaviour is termed as madness by normal people....

    By the way, i wont term it as romantic... Romantic becomes a narrow term....

    ReplyDelete