Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Greedy Indian Customer

I just went to buy a pair of floaters...

Why? Coz I dont have one...

Why do I need them if I have a pair of cool looking slippers? Well the management of my college thought it was a bad idea to wear slippers in the academic building... I agree...

Now, there are 3 showrooms just outside my college gate... (Oh yes, I joined a college a month ago, that story some other time...) So the three showrooms: Bata, Puma, Nike...

Puma and Nike products are way out of my budget but both had a discount board showing 70% and 50% off. So i thought why not take a look, maybe I can find a good buy with a little extension of budget...

I went to Puma first... Looked at the price range, looked at the discount, calculated the price I will have to pay, gave a frown, came out...
Looked towards left, Nike 50% off... Bigger frown, waste of time... Looked towards right... Bata 50% off... Right it is then...

I went inside the showroom... Took a look around, there were two gorgeous girls of my college standing there, looking to buy something of course... Shall I go and talk to them? Naah... Waste of time... (Believe me I thought that...)

Took another look around, looking for what things I needed... Realised that I will be needing almost all the items on the display in 2-3 months... but that all could wait... For now, just buy a pair of floaters and take an exit...

Fine just the floaters then... Went to that stall...
No offer here... Fine...

What qualities do I need in the floaters?

Good Looking, Durable, Comfortable...

And what is my budget? Below Rs. 200-250...

Can you believe it?
I am looking for a pair of floaters in a branded product showroom in Delhi... They should be good looking, not weird coloured, comfortable, and durable...
And I want all that in just Rs. 250...

Now one may say, getting a good pair of floaters in Rs. 250 is not a big thing... In fact my myself am using a pair of local made slippers which I bought for Rs. 160 in Nagpur and I am using them for more than a year now...
But come-on yaar, this is Delhi I am talking about and that too in a brand showroom...

And above all, I want to use them for atleast 2 yrs... How greedy I am... I even thought I am mad...

But no, I am no mad... I got one... I just now have to see whether I can use them for two years...

No comments:

Post a Comment